BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE ORGANIZATION:
Mediate S.r.l. is a spin-off company of Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, established with the aim of bringing to the market disruptive technological and scientific advances in robotics improving the efficiency and quality of industrial and medical procedures. Mediate S.r.l. serves as the innovative start-up facilitating the technology transfer of promising robotic developments researched at The BioRobotics Institute into the market. Many recent developments in a wide variety of fields, such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), image processing, sensing or cloud computing, have inspired Mediate S.r.l. to “humanize” traditional industrial robotics by improving their perception and intelligence. This “humanization” of robotic applications allows executing flexible traditionally human-performed tasks, such as the ones underlined in Endoo proposal, obtaining reliable results in terms of precision, repeatability, robustness and safety.
Since its constitution, Mediate S.r.l. has attended to several prestigious prices and events in order to share and disseminate its aims and goals. Few of these events are listed below:
- Start Cup Toscana 2017: innovation competition for start-ups; 1st classified;
- Premio Nazionale per l’Innovazione 2017: classified in the top 4 of Industrial Start-ups;
- International Robotics Festival Investor’s Day;
- I2B Firenze (7th of November 2017);
- Disruptive Innovation Festival (21st of November 2017).